Get to know The Mackey House!
Join us as we re-introduce our special venue to current and future clients alike. Whether you’re an event planner, wedding planner, or simply looking for different venues for personal events, The Mackey House Event Planning Specialists want to meet you.
“While The Mackey House has been a part of the Savannah Community for more than 25 years,” explains Laura Mackey, Owner and Event Planner Extraordinaire, “we wanted a way to showcase everything we have to offer for any event – whether you’re needing a venue for a wedding, a business event, a special family occasion – we will work with you and your budget to ensure the best event possible.”
On Wednesday, May 16 from 6:00pm – 9:00pm we will serve hors d’oeuvres, take you around the grounds, show off our plethora of options for a multitude of events.
Some of the history of the grounds include:
- from 1861-1864 – this land was an encampment for Confederate soldiers led by General William Hardy
- in 1898 — a Powder Magazine, used to house ammunition was built on land bordering Red Gate Farms, the care-keeper’s house was located on the farm’s property…remnants from both are still available for viewing today
- later the property became occupied by Union Army troops led by General William T. Sherman after their March to the Sea
- we have discovered numerous artifacts dating back to the Civil War that have confirmed our research about the land and its history
- in 1931, Mr. Harry Edward Martin, Jr. purchased 440 acres of wooded countryside, which he and his wife, Mamie, named in memory of her cousin, Cyrus Steadwell who always dreamed of owning his own farm and calling it “Red Gate Farms.”
Stay for the socializing and you may win our special drawing for a free weekend stay at The Mackey Condo on Tybee Island. Mix and mingle among a number of event planners and various industry talents (entertainment, guest speakers, caterers, etc).
We look forward to seeing you at The Mackey House!
The Mackey House is one of the premier Savannah wedding venues, located just minutes from Downtown. For more information, please visit our Savannah wedding page, as well as join our conversation on Facebook and Twitter.