If you are like most people out there, you will definitely want to keep the peace with your fiancé while wedding planning. Good news is that you can do this if you pay a bit of attention to detail and if you have a bit of “know-how” in your pocket. Here are some great tips to follow if you want to keep the peace with your fiancé while wedding planning:
• Budget concerns both of you. When talking “money”, make sure that both you and your fiancé are on the same page. Sit down, discuss how much you can afford spending on the wedding and make sure that both of you agree on the numbers.
• Communicate with each other. Make sure you are completely honest as to what each of you expects from each other (both related to the wedding itself and to your relationship). Great communication is key for a healthy relationship at any of its stages!
• Learn to compromise. You should absolutely make sure that you make wedding planning easier for both of you by learning how to compromise. When you want something and your fiancé doesn’t exactly agree with it, stop and think of how much you actually want that particular thing. If it’s something you can live without, make a compromise and leave it behind you.
• Divide your duties. OK, he may not be very thrilled to help you search for the perfect florist, but he can definitely do a lot of wedding planning-related things. Plus, there are many choices you will really have to make together (such as the guest list, the venue and so on)!
• You have each other. No matter how stressful wedding planning may get, always know that you have each other’s backs and support. After all, this is the beginning of a marriage and you should definitely be able to trust one another (and, at the same time, to put one another’s needs in front of anything else).
If you are searching for a beautiful venue in Savannah, do not hesitate to contact The Mackey House. There’s no way in the world not to love what we will offer: gorgeous nature, a venue designed in a stunning way and impeccable service!
Photo source: flickr.com/ atkinson000