What’s a Fake Wedding Cake?
Truth be told, the fake wedding cake trend has become quite popular out there – and not without reason. What’s a fake wedding cake, what makes this trend so appreciated and why would you settle for such an option too? Here are some of the most important things to consider:
• Put very simply, a fake wedding cake is just what its name suggests: a cake that is not “real”. It looks like a perfectly real, edible cake, but it is made out of polystyrene foam and then covered in real icing and fondant.
• Fake wedding cake look just as real as actual cakes and they can be personalized to suit your wishes. Regardless of what design you had in mind for your wedding cake and regardless of how large or small you wanted it to be, a fake wedding cake will be able to replace it without any kind of aesthetic flaw.
• Some of you may think that a fake cake will not allow you to have the “Cake Cutting” moment at the reception. However, this has been thought out as well. You have two main options: have a fake wedding cake topped by a real cake tier or have a 100% fake cake with a “pre-sliced” portion. The first option will allow you to actually cut into the cake when the moment comes, while the second option will simply allow you to “pretend” that you do this.
• Your guests will not miss out on the dessert either. You can have your waiters serve them slices of a less ornate cake after the “Cake Cutting”, so everyone will be more than satisfied.
• The main advantage to having such a cake is related precisely to the fact that it can save you a lot of money. A fake wedding cake can cost as little as $500, while a real one can end up costing thousands of dollars – so if your budget is a bit tighter, you can definitely go for this option.
The Mackey House is the perfect venue for your Big Day! Embraced by the beauties of Savannah and with the most impeccable service there is, our venue will surely make for a perfect day and for the most beautiful memories of your life!
Photo source: Dreamweaver Photos