If marriage is your destination, try Savannah, Georgia
Destination Weddings offer a number of pluses and minuses for you and your guests. Gaining in popularity, choosing a location and allowing it to become part of your ceremony can be a blessing and a curse.
On the plus side –
- Relaxation: Typically with a destination wedding location, you – the bride – has the opportunity to work with a team from the destination to layout your day and then allow the destination team to handle most of the planning.
- Entertainment: Your guests will have the chance to visit somewhere unique which gives them more to do than just the wedding and the reception.
- PICTURES: The pictures you have for your album will not only be uniquely yours but will have incredible background subjects as well as the faces of your loved ones.
- Cost: If your destination is in a non-regional location, you may have less people willing or able to reach your wedding which gives you less of a catering, gift, beverage, etc. bill after the vows are said.
On the negative side –
- Guests: Some family and friends may not be able to attend which while saving you some money may cause you heartache in the end – and cause tension among the family.
- Check lists: Unlike having your wedding in your back yard, you may not be able to run home to grab the “something blue” out of your closet – be sure to have a check list.
- Wedding party: If you can’t coordinate arrivals of your wedding party, it may throw off timing of parties, rehearsals, pictures, etc – try to plan arrival and departures of your bridesmaids and groomsmen in a way that will work with you rather than against.
- Planning: Not all destination locations offer full service assistance to the bride, which means you’ll be planning it all by yourself or hiring a wedding planner who may or may not completely understand your vision for your day.
As for planning, remember The Mackey House offers full service wedding assistance from catering to music to table decorations. We will work with you to ensure the best vision of your day possible. Let us know if you want to have your destination wedding at the house or anywhere in Savannah, Georgia because we’ll help you onsite or elsewhere to have the day you’ve always imagined.
The Mackey House is one of the premier Savannah wedding venues, located just minutes from Downtown. For more information, please visit our Savannah wedding page, as well as join our conversation on Facebook and Twitter.