Memorial Day is right around the corner – the kids get out of school, the beaches get stocked with people, vacations are had by many – and 2012 should be no exception to that rule.
Summer is also time for planning class reunions, family reunions, after prom and graduation events, Mother’s and Father’s Day gatherings, and of course weddings!
Believe it or not, summer is one of the best times to get people together and regardless of what you’re celebrating; the Event Planning Specialists at The Mackey House will help you have the event you’ve always imagined.
Need ideas for your next event – here are a couple of ideas to help get you started:
1) Consider your audience – you’ll start planning with different areas depending on the type of event you’re trying to host – for example, if it’s a wedding you start with the couple and if it’s a business function you might start with the guest speaker – it all depends on what you’re hosting.
2) Food and beverage – no matter what you’re hosting – this is the south and food and drink are king, particularly in our area. The Mackey House can provide catering, find a local caterer, or work with one you’ve already selected.
3) Entertainment – all gatherings need some form of entertainment – whether it’s a deejay playing music (we have one on staff), a guest speaker, or some soft background music – there needs to be something guests can talk about while they mingle.
4) Decorations – while The Mackey House is a beautiful venue all by itself (and a number of other venues are too), it’s nice to have a décor that goes hand-in-hand with your event theme, whether it’s a color or a character, even small decorations go a long way to making the party feel like an event to remember.
5) Party Favors – again, regardless of the type of event you’re throwing, it’s nice to have a keepsake giveaway item for your guest to remember the party by. We can help you find just the right item to fit into your budget.
So if your summer plans include planning a party – remember the experts at The Mackey House are here to help, whether at our venue or elsewhere, we’re happy to work with you for an event to remember.
The Mackey House is one of the premier Savannah wedding venues, located just minutes from Downtown. For more information, please visit our Savannah wedding page, as well as join our conversation on Facebook and Twitter.